Monday, December 27, 2010

27-dec-2010 letter

Hola Familia,

Elder Harris and I are doing awesome. Yesterday we went to a baptism that they had to fill the entire chapel because of all of the people that were there. It was an amazing sight. We also got to sing a special musical number there as well. Right now we are working really hard at trying to find some more investigators in the Huntington Beach area, and are starting to find a few Spanish intermingled here and there. Christmas went over really well. Elder Harris and I started off with a spiritual thought and then we all dressed up as different characters of the nativity and read Luke 2. I'll make sure that I send you all a picture next week. (I forgot my camera at home.) Then afterwards we called home, ate lunch, and watched church movies. We also did a white elephant gift exchange and played musical chairs to decide who got what. I love Christmas. But now to continue on with normal missionary life. Right now we are teaching a the Gonzalez family and they are still progressing really well. We had dinner on Christmas with one of our investigators who we are hoping will be able to get married soon so that she can help set a great example for her kids. We were also able to go caroling with all the Elders and Sisters from the district for Christmas Eve and Christmas. It was nice to be able to meet some of the other investigators that the missionaries in the zone have. Well, that's all that I can think of right now, but I can't believe that it's almost 2011, and that Corbett ( Elder Rubert) is already down in Chile.

Love you all,

Elder Rubert

No comments:

Post a Comment