Monday, July 6, 2009

Letter 1 Jul 2009

Hola!

So I've gotten your letters so far, and my lacrosse stick from you. Thank you so much. So far I think you have gotten the letter I sent you on the first day, and probably will get the email that I will send you tomorrow before you get this.

Just to give you a quick summary of what has happened so far, the second day I was here I got to listen to Elder Jeffrey R. Holland speak, while seven other apostles sat on the stand.

Okay, time out. Real quick, how is Brock doing? Is he getting close to turning his papers in? Enclosed I also have a letter addressed to him, and if you could give it to him for me that would be awesome.

Sorry, now back to what I was saying, Elder Holland gave the most inspiring talk that I had ever heard, that talk changed my whole outlook on this mission.

Oh, and by the way, Trina sent me my garments so don't worry about it.

Okay, back to my story again, after listening to Elder Holland speak, we then had an amazing Sunday and (Don't tell anyone, but I joined the MTC choir. Just kidding, tell everyone.) I had the opportunity to have fourteen of the fifteen living apostles at our sacrament meeting and I got to sing to them which was awesome. I am so happy I got called early, because of this I got to be here for all the apostles that were here for the Mission Presidents Seminar that was on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Then on Tuesday I got to listen to the managing director of the MTC, Brother Allen. He has got to be one of the funniest people I've ever heard talk at a church function. Then last night we had a fireside where that Lund guy that wrote The Work and the Glorytalked, and he gave a pretty decent talk as well. He gave a real life mission talk that hit me pretty hard. Hope everything is going well.

Ciao, Elder Rubert

P.S. Tell Rebekah to read Ether. That book changed my opinion of the Book of Mormon.

No comments:

Post a Comment