Monday, April 11, 2011

11-APR-2011 Letter

Hello Everyone, This week has been fun learning a new area again. It's good to be on bike again. I've lost 37 pounds since I was in Cypress. I don't know why I let myself get fat. But I should be able to reach my goal with another 5 lbs. before I get home now that I'm on bike. How did you like General Conference? I just got a letter from Grandma Ligler and sounds like she's doing well. It's crazy that the Atlanta temple has been closed and reopened while I've been out. And are you stoked that we have a temple that is going to be built in Meridian. You can never get too many temples. During conference weekend we had a chance to take some time and think a lot about the council that the brethren gave us. And looks like, at least for all of us that are going home in the near future, that President wanted to make sure that the counsel on going home and getting married was ingrained really deep. I really enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk during priesthood session that talked about how a lot of Latter-Day Saints are living below their privileges. The new area is great and it's a blast to have a second go at being a District Leader. I also lucked out to be in an all spanish district as well so that I can teach in spanish. I'm not going to lie, I feel a lot more comfortable teaching in Spanish than I do in English. But the new area is good so far. I haven't really gotten a full week here yet though, because we've been in the house for the last 3 days. My new companion Elder Viecco crashed hard on his bike the other day and I had to take him to the hospital. But now he has some medicine and we're going to the doctor tomorrow to get him all scanned and see what else we need to do. Well it's exciting to be in LA county again. It is a completely different world than the OC. When I finish my mission I will have a year in both counties. Fun stuff! Well I love you all and hope for the best. Ciao, Elder Rubert

No comments:

Post a Comment