Monday, November 1, 2010

01-NOV-2010 letter

Hola Familia,

This has been one of the funnest weeks of my entire mission. Elder Harris and I are booking it everywhere and having a blast here in Huntington Beach. I was stoked to see Corbett's e-mail and see that he was in the MTC with Brother Llewellyn. (If its the same Brother Llewellyn and he has President Dickerson as his branch president, that would be the same branch presidency that Brandon and I had in the MTC.) That would be amazing! Well back to what we've been doing. Elder Harris and I have been teaching the Hidalgo family a lot and we have been able to see them progress and are starting to see the father sit in on some of the lessons.
All of the Elders in our ward got to sing in sacrament meeting this Sunday (ellos se olvidaron de que canto como un cuervo) and we all got to speak as well. Apparently every 5th Sunday here the missionaries are in charge of the meeting and we are the ones that pick the songs and the prayers and speak every 5th Sunday. I'm excited because next week we have out mission tour with Elder Zwick of the Seventy. (Plus, we are getting fed a Thanksgiving dinner by the Huntington Beach North Stake Relief Society)
I'm happy to hear that everything is going well and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Love,

Elder Rubert

No comments:

Post a Comment