Tuesday, February 16, 2010

16-feb-2010 letter

Hola Familia,

Esta semana hemos visto gran milagros en esta area. We have met so many people this week that it is absolutely crazy. Just yesterday we had a lady that was about to slam the door in our face, and then we said,"Hey! Before you shut that door, there is one more message that we need to tell you." And then we felt like telling her about how she could go on to mormon.org to find out a little bit more about our message. Then she completely flipped a 180. (I think she thought that we were Jehovah's Witnesses for a second) and then she got so excited to talk about when she had gone and visited the Los Angeles Temple because she is crazy about geneological work. Sounds like a couple members of my family! So we talked about that for a couple of minutes and are going to go back and start teaching her this week. It's amazing how strong the spirit tells you sometimes to say things that you wouldn't normally say.
Then other than that the ward here takes amazingly good care of us, actually today one of the members that we teach is going to take us out to a nice steak dinner!!! I'm stoked. I love a good steak dinner as anyone that knows me can tell you. And I've been learning so much from my study of the Book of Mormon and the other standard works, ensigns, Jesus the Christ. They are all good sources of knowledge. And the stake here has a challenge for all to read the book Jesus the Christ this year. And I'm not sure if that was just this stake or a world-wide thing, but I highly encourage you all to read that book. I'm reading it through for the second time and it is one of the best books that I have ever read.

To all the family: I love you all and hope that you all are doing what you need to do to be able to recieve all the blessings that your Father in Heaven wants to give you. Keep reading the scriptures and praying individually and as a family. Love you all.

Ciao,

Elder Rubert

No comments:

Post a Comment